Someone sent an email reminding the group members that there is no difference in nutrition of organic and ordinary food. Therefore, there is no need to consume organic food.
After reading the above email & information, I can only say that this is world of information diversity. It is up to the readers to make their own decision on to what extent they want to consume organic food or ordinary food. I do not intend to initiate an argument but just like to share the below with you.
1. How good is organic food for our health? Please read Kushi M & Jack A (2003). The Macrobiotic path to Total Health. New York: Ballantine Books.
2. You may continue to take ordinary food containing chemical fertilizer & pesticides. You may not feel the impact because for toxin in the vegetable, it is water soluble. It is thus not difficulty to detoxify this toxin. However, if you do not manage to detox this toxin, what do you think its impact on your health in the long run? Time will tell.
3. If you have a choice to choose organic food which is free from fertilizer & pesticides, would you still prefer the ordinary food grown with chemical fertilizer and pesticides?
4. Health is a matter of personal choice. You do not have to convince others. In my case, since taking health food (including organic food), I have not visited the clinic for the past 14 years and my family members are in good health. What else do you want in life when your family members do not take medicines and food supplement? Moreover, my late father-in-law, a cancer-patient, was able to lengthen his life for 10 years by taking health food. Even though eventually he passed away in 2009, it was a peaceful departure when we said "good-bye" & "see you again next life" to him.
5. Your health affects your happiness and family life as well as life on earth. Read John Robbins's books entitled "Diet for a New America" and "Food Revolution".
6. For these reasons, I encourage those having awareness to consume health food. Those interested in (4) should read my health book 'eating for Good health". If you do not wish to get a hard copy from me, find the contents in this blog.
Best health to all.