High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) is certainly something all of us should know.
• White sugar’s other twin evil.
• US studies showed that about 40% of super market foods contain HFCF.
• Contribute to health problems ranging diabetes, liver damage, kidney damage
• Increases risk of allergies, likelihood of gout…..
Where are HFCS found in foods?
• Baking & cooking ingredients (e.g. cake icing)
• Packed fruit juices, soft drinks, beverages
• Breads, bread cereals
• Condiments (e.g. BBQ sauce)
• Ice cream, jams
• Salad dressing, sugar syrup
If you wish to keep away various diseases related to HFCS, you now know what to do.
Reduce consumption of these foods. Better still, do not take these foods.
Information source: Utusan Konsumer May-June 2010